It is definitely an extremely frustrating problem for USA online gamblers who desired to play at online casinos. Even though it is true that casinos online could possibly be a potential money washing broker, on the other hand, the federal government ought to also look at the different point that a range of laundering actions can also be performed into some of the country's significant landed casinos. Here we listed best USA online casino bonuses.
Are you an American player looking to play at US online casinos? Here's a guide on what you should know about online gambling in the United States!
Online Casinos for USA Players
If you are living in the United States and want to play at an online casino, it is possible but you need to know about the intricate details that surround this. In this post, we will explain the background to online gambling in the US, and all US players need to know about playing casino games online from their location in the country.
History of Online Gambling in the US
Gambling in the US has a very intricate history dating back to an era when gaming took the centre stage in the form of lotteries, till the time it was completely banned in late 19th century. However, it slowly made its way later in 1931 with formal legalization in Nevada. As technology spread its wings over the years, online gaming venues came into the picture in the mid-90s. In the year 1998, Planet Poker was established, which was succeeded by Paradise Poker in 1999. The period between 2003 to 2006 was considered a peak time with increasing count of online poker players.
However, on the flip side, as the industry evolved, so did the controversies surrounding the online gaming scenario. The biggest blow that continues to haunt the industry till this day is the ‘Black Friday’ in 2011, when an accusation was made by the federal authority on three of the biggest poker giants, Absolute Poker, Full Tilt Poker, and PokerStars. The charges were made against illegal payment processing and deceitful methods to outwit federal laws. After this incident, it was quite obvious that government was going to put restrictions on banks for any sort of payments related to gambling.
Is Online Gambling Legal in the US?
Legality of online gambling in the US is a complex theory, which has many sharp turns to it. As a matter of fact, there is no specific federal law that states online gambling as an illegal activity. Placing wagers online does not violate the laws, and no American has ever been prosecuted or arrested for online gambling. Some of the reports claim that the Congress banned online gaming in 2006, however this is not true. That particular law doesn’t make it illegal for players to wager; rather it restricts the banks to move money for illegal bets. So there is no real amendment that alerts, limits or prohibits gambling within the US.
• Sports betting: As per the federal law, it is illegal for websites to take sports bets online, but you are free to place the bets. This might sound a little confusing, but with right interpretation of the Wire Act by the Department of Justice in 2011, it was concluded that taking casino or poker bets was not prohibited.
• Advertising: Publishing ads for online gambling is not defined as illegal, unless the case is related to some conspiracy or deceit. There have been a few incidents where giant publishers like Microsoft or Google had to pay a penalty, and a few were left with a warning by Department of Justice.
Under the US Federal Law, online gambling is a legal activity; however, there are some restrictions in accordance with the state laws. Each and every state in the US has the freedom to regulate gambling activities within its border. Almost every state has some sort of allowed gambling activities, if lotteries are taken into equation, but casino games are not extensively spread. The only two states which enjoy the privilege of legal casino-style gambling are Louisiana and Nevada. Both local and state governments impose zoning and licensing restrictions. Some of the states allow partial gambling, which is restricted to small areas, including Mississippi, New Jersey, Tunica and Atlantic City.
The American Indian tribes have opened casinos using legal protection, which have been an issue in California and many states. At some places, the gaming is restricted to riverboats, which are basically barges moored in a water body. The Federal Wire Act of 1961 made it illegal to wager on sports, but did not brief on other forms of gambling. The 2006 Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act outlawed transactions that involved online gaming providers. Some offshore providers shut down their service for certain states in US, while a few continue to go around the law.
Common Deposit / Withdrawal Methods
When it comes to depositing or withdrawing your money from the US online gambling accounts, there are a number of trusted options to choose from:
• Credit Cards: Certainly the most popular payment method for Americans, credit cards are the most commonly used option for online purchases. These are specifically designed to transfer funds from anywhere in the world, with low service charge and high security. Visa, Discover and MasterCard are some of the commonly accepted cards. Unfortunately, credit cards might not be able to be used for withdrawals, so read the fine print properly at the casino you are playing. However, a workaround option is to use credit card to fund an e-wallet payment option so that you can deposit and make withdrawals at US casinos.
• Debit Cards: Debit cards ensure that you are not crossing your limits by any means, since you are paying directly from whatever you have in your bank account. However, some of the banks may not permit depositing of money using their debit card. In that case, you might have to use another payment option.
• Neteller: Neteller is a popular e-wallet payment option for online players, who can easily make deposits and withdrawals on online gambling sites. A majority of US players prefer using this payment gateway for gambling transactions.
• Skrill/Moneybookers: Just like Neteller, this is also a widely used option for online gambling transactions. However, it may cancel out the service or freeze your account in order to adhere to regulatory standards. Choosing this method can be a tricky affair, as the service can be unreliable.
• Ecocard: For people who are looking to play on a budget, this privately-run service is an ideal option for secure transactions accompanied with low service charges. Some of the US casinos may not accept it as a withdrawal method, but can be used for depositing cash. So make sure that the website you are playing on, has both the options, else it would be a wasted affair.
• Bank Account Wire Transfer: Certain casinos do provide an option of transacting directly from the bank account, however, the entire process can be really slow which may force you to hold back your game till the funds clear out. This is perfect for those who are looking to spend less on service fees, and are not in a hurry to get things started.
• Western Union: Not really recommended for online gambling, since it comes along with hefty charges and service fees, however in some cases, it can be the only option you have.
• Bitcoin: As it gains authority around the world, you can easily deposit using cryptocurrency.
Why Should You Play Online Casino at USA?
Online gambling in America has risen over a period of time to become one of the most favorite pastimes with millions of people logging onto their preferred websites to experience the thrill of gambling within the comfort of their zone. There are a number of benefits of playing at American online casinos.
• Secure and convenient: Top-rated online casinos in the US provide a convenient and secure platform for US residents, as well as global players to play the game of chance from their homes, irrespective of the timings and currencies. You can amplify you bankroll by playing a hand at poker or exciting video slots, or have some good time playing blackjack or roulette. The user-friendly interface allows you to learn more about the games as you proceed, and with interactive gaming features, you are literally enticed to have some real fun.
• Wide selection of games: One of the biggest benefits of playing at online casinos is the flexibility to choose from a wide selection of games, unlike the case with land-based casinos which are normally limited by size and variety. Top gaming platforms from the US design some of the best slots that are launched almost every month, giving something new to the players more often than not. The classic casino games played with latest technology at hand is the certainly the best reason to choose online gambling.
• Attractive Bonuses: A majority of online casinos in US offer welcome bonus, once you sign up on their website for the first time. This is basically a temptation to entice you into playing at the particular website, and you can get some real good USA casino bonus with amount upfront before you bet with real money. Given the competition in this industry, the bonus amount can vary from one entity to the other, and it can include Deposit Match or No Deposit bonuses.
• Loyalty Points: If you are planning to stick to a credible American online gambling site for a long time, you may be entitled to reap some great rewards in terms of loyalty points. This implies that even if you hit the wrong patch and go on a losing streak, your loyalty points will provide you with the necessary protection later to win prizes or buy credits. The more you play at a particular website, the more points you accumulate, and therefore better rewards to grab. You might find something similar in a land-based casino, but that is generally confined to drinks or dinner. With online gambling, there are countless options as to how you can use loyalty benefits.
How to Play at Online Casinos if You Live in the United States
• Choose a legit US online gambling website: Before getting started, the most important thing is to figure out which online casinos in US have the credibility and reputation that every player looks for. Once you are done sorting out, choose the one that offers attractive bonuses and wide selection of games. Depending upon the device you choose to play on, make sure it is compatible for the system.
• Register your account: Once you make a decision to play on a website, go to the sign-up page and enter your details to register an account on that particular website. Opt-in for any kind of promotion you have as a new sign-up. This can be anything from a welcome bonus to no-deposit cash. Make sure to read the terms and conditions behind such offers before accepting.
• Make a deposit: On the basis of your preferred gambling site, if you are offered a welcome bonus without initial requirement of cash deposit, go for it. On the other hand, if you have a deposit-match offer, make sure to be informed that this bonus amount is withdraw-able, and up to what extent you can make the winnings out of it. Most of the casinos have hidden conditions behind such bonuses. Look for the payment methods offered by the website, and choose the one that comes along with a low service charge.
• Choose the game you want to play: Once you are done with all the formalities and verifications, hop over to the gaming tab and select the kind of games you would love to add to your gaming schedule. You have the flexibility to choose from games like blackjack, roulette, slots, poker and many more.
• Instant Play/Software Download: When it comes to online gaming, there are a couple of options you have in terms of how you want to play the game. You can either download the software onto your device (mobile or desktop) or choose to play streaming casino games instantly. For the latter part, you don’t need additional system configurations, while you may require some technical tweaks for the gaming software to run smoothly.
• Managing your bankroll: Know the threshold limits on the amount that you can win by playing a hand at a particular game. Reputed websites give you an option to set daily betting limits on the amount of money you can wager on a particular day. Make good use of money management to avoid wagering more than what you can afford to lose. At the end of the day, playing at an online casino should be a fun activity, rather than a stressed one!
Now that you know all the in's and out's of playing at online casinos that are suited for USA players, it's time you try your hands on your favorite casino games today. Good luck and have fun!